Saturday, July 21, 2007

Playing Tourist

I set out this morning to see what popped out at me, and here are the highlights:

First, I came across this ornately decorated bus (most likely on its way to the Siren Music Festival in Coney Island):



Then, I took a photo of the cube at Astor Place that I've walked past hundreds of times:

And then it was back up to Central Park to see how wild New York City really is:

It wasn't long before I saw this mother duck with her ducklings in tow.

Then, this mother turtle was digging a very large hole to drop her eggs into.

Did you know there was a castle in the middle of Central Park called Belvedere Castle? There was some sort of huge black bird (Heron?) on the rocks, splaying its wings in the sun, but I couldn't get a close enough photo.

I thought this "WATER" cover looked kind of cool.

These wild-flowers were really awesome.

There was a Red-Tailed Hawk being taunted by another bird, but it was very high in the sky, so I'm afraid you have to squint to see it here.

They don't call this Turtle Pond for nothing!

Came across a few Billy Goats in The Central Park Childrens Zoo.


Headed back downtown to Grace Church.

That's some fancy iron-work on those doors!

No comments: