Thursday, November 18, 2021

Book Review

What was your high school experience like? For me, high school was a struggle. Not because of the material, I was a top student...but the spring of my junior year, it was period two, and I was sitting in my English Literature class when there was a knock on the door. It was my brother and his wife, and I knew why they were there. My father was in the hospital, and had been in a coma for ten days.  Losing my dad tore me apart, and the next several years were the most difficult of my life.

High school counselors can play a critical, and pivotal, role in a student’s life, and we know that our youth are the future, so we need to invest heavily in them.  If you know someone in the education sector, do them a favor and get them a copy of this book. It’s a great stocking-stuffer by a fantastic counselor who just happens to be my mother-in-law, Nancy Regas. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Art-Being-School-Counselor-Authenticity/dp/1977235964

No comments: